If you remember, I cannot cut a straight line… This holds true for carving pumpkins. I am TERRIBLE at it. Every year, I carve one and my husband laughs at my pathetic one, while he can carve a small village on his…
So, revenge is sweet, because I decided to use glitter on some pumpkins this year! (My husband is sick of glitter on his clothes)
To cover your entire pumpkin in glitter, follow these VERY easy instructions.
– Brush mod podge all over pumpkin.
* If your pumpkin is large, do one side at a time so that the mod podge does not dry up while glittering.
– Pour glitter on pumpkin.
– Do the glitter shake and remove all excess.
I like to use double sided tape when possible in glitter projects to create smooth lines (it is a great, easy way to glitter!).
On the pumpkin here I used the tape to create a K for Kalia! (who else?)
Double Sided Tape
Tiny painting brush
– Apply double sided tape in shape desired (curvier letters like B, C, D and P, are harder, but it is possible if you cut the tape. Most other letters are quite simple straight lines to make!)
– Pour glitter over the taped area.
– Use the small painter’s brush to sweep away glitter that is outside the taped area.
And you are done! (I also painted my pumpkin white)
And finally, a quickie glitter pumpkin- I used the double sided tapes to create a couple stripes on the pumpkins here:
Which one is your favorite? I lean towards the K because I love anything Kalia!
Hope you enjoy my glitter, sparkle version of Halloween!
Please pin and share, if you enjoy!