One thing I love to do when planning baby showers is to make decor that can fit within the baby nursery. For the recent jungle themed baby shower, I included these jungle animal jars within the party and then gave to the Momma to use for decor in her nursery.
It is a very simple DIY, and you can use any plastic figure you find. I got my figures from the 10 cent bin at Goodwill.
Glass Bottles with lids (I save all my pickle, mustard, etc… I am a glass container hoarder)
Spray Paint Primer
Glue (I prefer Liquid Nails)
1) Clean the bottles to remove labels.
– I soak them in a the sink with hot water and soap. I leave for a few hours. Some labels come right off, others need help from my butter knife! You can use a product like Goo Be Gone for stubborn labels, but with the simple hot water and soap soak, I have not had to use it yet!
2) Spray paint primer on the lids and animals. Primer is important on the bottle lids if they have expiration dates on the lid- a couple coats of spray paint do not cover them up! (I know from personal experience as I am a lazy primer & skip doing so too often…)
3) Once the primer is dry, spray paint your desired color. You can color the lid and animal the same or switch up and do different colors for the lid and animal! I leave it overnight before glueing.
4) Apply some glue to the bottom of the animal feet and stick on lid firmly.
Let dry according to your glue directions and you are complete!
These jars are perfect for a nursery, craft room, office, bathroom, wherever you need some storage!
I love these and have another version coming up next week!
A Bubbly Life is on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest, would love for you to join me there! Please share and pin! I also love to hear from you, I lost my commenters over my extended break while moving- I miss you!